Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I have recently been affected by Hurricane Sandy. My family lost power for 7 days! We got power back at 6 pm on Monday night. Besides the power outage we were not horrible affected. I do however have a kinda funny story about what happened to my pet turtle:

I went to feed my turtle one night when we had no power, normally when I would go to feed my turtle, it would always greet me and beg for food, tonight however my turtle was not moving. I started flipping out so my mom called the vet. The vet told us we needed to boil water on the grill, and mix it with cold water to make some warm water for my turtle. The turtle eventually warmed up. Well the next day we brought my turtle to the vet (to board it). Well I decided to ask the vet if my turtle was a boy or a girl. The vet told me my turtle was a girl! For the 8 years I thought my turtle was a boy.

My turtle is now doing much better that we have heat and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment